Baton Rouge, LA
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/FUNCTIONS
• Performs daily vehicle pre-trip safety inspection according to company guidelines.
• Maintains truck maintenance, fluid and fuel levels as needed or required.
• Reports any vehicle mechanical problems on a timely basis to ensure prompt attention from fleet maintenance.
• Follows written and oral instruction from production manager to determine the quantity and location of raw materials to be loaded, transported and unloaded each day.
• Drives tanker truck to vendor location as well as to plant locations as instructed.
• Ensures materials loaded into tanker are of the proper quantity and within acceptable specifications.
• Unloads cement from tanker at each plant location ensuring proper material is placed into the correct storage bin.
• If trained to do so, performs dry cement spread application.
• If trained to do so, performs wet slurry spread application.
• Monitors pressure gauges and bag house while unloading to detect potential air quality issues.
• Ensures compliance with local, state and federal air emissions regulations.
• Completes required paperwork timely and accurately.
• Maintains communication with the production and plant managers using two-way radio and mobile telephone to advise of questions, problems or issues on a timely basis.
• Communicates pleasantly and professionally with vendors.
• Maintains a neat and professional personal appearance.
• Keeps the interior and exterior of the truck clean and free of clutter to include regularly removing road film and excess raw material from exterior surfaces.
• Follows established company policies and guidelines for safety, quality and service.
• Operates plant equipment (loader, mixer truck, etc…) as needed.
• Wears personal protective equipment as needed or required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.